Thursday, August 25, 2011

Remote desktop access!

The cranky IT guy just got a lot of slack from me. I was able to remote access the graphics station. This is potentially huge. I can set up a fluid sim to cache and then set it off to render from home before going to sleep. Also - if working from home I can set up the render to take place at work so no more sending large QT files over Yousendit. Nice.

It was recently pointed out to me that all this can be done with a .bat file as well using render description files but I'll need to research this one a bit more.

Next up is the custom built render farm. Two pc (core i7) home builds connected to my main workstation. Managed by Autodesks backburner and started from home over the weekend. Much less stress on deadline.

When I get the .bat system worked out I'll produce a tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment